Why I chose to become a Coach
Helping others…that is what coaching is all about for me. I've been using coaching as a leadership style for over 35 years, I just didn't know it at the beginning. It wasn't until I partnered with my own coach several years ago that I begin to explore the power of coaching and its importance in helping clients establish goals, intentionally move forward with the lives and enhance their relationships at work, at home and in the community. My own successful experience being coached touched something deep inside that propelled me to want to coach others as a career choice and offer my unique leadership insights from over 30 years as a Marine Corps Officer, Corporate Executive, and Federal Senior Leader.
As a Leadership and Career Coach, I enjoy helping clients with the challenges of leadership whether they be new managers, mid-level supervisors, or senior executives. Additionally, I partner with clients who are seeking career changes as the result of new skills development, those who feel stuck in their current job, or those who desire a career change to pursue a long-held passion or a post-retirement move to their next work-life chapter.
I've always believed in the natural organizational power of three and have patterned my life, leadership and coaching endeavors upon this precept. I want to help others unleash the power of three in their lives as well.
Certainly, all of us have more than three things going on in our lives at any moment, but I've found success in focusing on the three most important areas. At Trifecta Coaching we help you become intentional at setting and achieving goals to take your focus, vision and passions to the next level. At the same time, we help you with strategies to manage the other areas in your life that tend to nibble away at your focus items.
Achieving a personal "Trifecta" (win-win-win) is not as elusive as you may think. When partnering with Trifecta Coaching, you will discover that you can win at work, in your personal life, and in your community relationships.
A complimentary 30-minute coaching session is available for you to discuss your aspirations and goals. Request an appointment on our Contact Us page.
Bob's Career Highlights:
• Award-winning senior leader with 35+ years' experience in the military, corporate, and federal sectors.
• Over 850 hours of individual and group coaching experience
• Published author, speaker and facilitator for subject matter expertise in leadership, coaching, emotional intelligence and personal branding
• Associate Professor of Management, Georgia Institute of Technology and Morehouse College
• Crisis Leadership Workshop Instructor, U.S. Office of Personnel Management
• Director (GS-15), Centers for Disease Control (CDC) Transportation Services Office
• Chief, Centers for Disease Control's Strategic National Stockpile CHEMPACK Program
• Office Administrator, Troutman Sanders AMLAW Top 100 international law firm
• Senior Officer, United States Marine Corps (21 years). Combat Battalion Command (Iraq 2003) and Strategic Planner in assignments across the U.S. and the world (22 countries)
• MS, Organizational Behavior, University of Texas/Dallas (Scholar w/High Distinction)
• MS, Logistics Management, Florida Institute of Technology/Melbourne
• BS, Communications, University of Tennessee/Knoxville (with honors)
• Graduate, Harvard University's National Leadership Preparedness Initiative (NPLI) Executive Program
• Professional Certified Coach (PCC) credential - International Coach Federation (ICF)
• Graduate certificate in Executive Coaching, University of Texas/Dallas
• Certified Emotional Intelligence EQ-i 2.0 & 360, VIA Character Strengths assessment provider
• Credentialed Certified Career Services Provider (CCSP)
• Credentialed Global Career Development Facilitator (GDCF)
• Certified Six Sigma Black Belt Professional and Kaizen Facilitator
• Certified, Executive Logistics Management, Society of Logistics Engineers (SoLE)
• Board of Directors - International Coach Federation (ICF) Georgia Chapter (Non-Profit)
• Board of Directors, Veteran Pathways (Non-Profit)
• Chair, Marine for Life committee, Marine Corps Coordinating Council of Georgia (Non-Profit)
• Member, International Coaching Federation (ICF) and ICF Georgia Chapter
• Member, National Career Development Association (NCDA)
• Member, Society of Human Resources Management (SHRM)